Emma Here :D
There is a myriad of amazing music to listen to and, personally, I am just beginning to scratch the surface of it. In the process of scratching the surface, I discovered some awesome new music this year, and rediscovered some old music, the kind of music I first really listened to. Here are some of my absolute favorite bands, artists, albums, and songs from 2014. Also, I started taking guitar lessons this year, and am enjoying learning all kinds of different fun things on guitar. The first song I learned how to play on the guitar was Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", which my dad thought was really cool.
U2 came out with a new album (Songs of Innocence) that apparently automatically downloaded on everyone's phone except mine (of course), within a week of getting that album transferred to my phone though, I listened to it so much that I knew all the lyrics to every single song.
Somewhere in the fall, I started getting back into the first music that I really ever listened to. That doesn't mean the first music I ever heard, but it was the first music I payed full attention to, a couple of examples of that are...
- The Beatles - Songs like "Hey Jude", "Helter Skelter", and "Revolution"
- Led Zeppelin - I started learning "Stairway To Heaven" on the guitar and that sparked an interest in Led Zeppelin. I'm not sure I really listened to Led Zeppelin when I was younger but it certainly was the type of music I first tuned in to hear.
- I also rediscovered Bright Eyes, a boy on a social media learned how to play "Lua" and posted a video, bringing it to my attention. That got me into I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, which we put on my phone and when I listened to it I also got very into "Train Under Water", "Poison Oak", and "First Day Of My Life", among all the other songs on the album.
- Guns N Roses (Probably my top favorite for the whole year) - Favorite song: "Don't Cry"
- Green Day - Favorite songs: "She", "Good Riddance" and "Walking Contradiction"
- Nirvana - Nevermind (All of it!)
- Metallica, which I haven't listened to that much of yet, but I really like it and definitely think it should be on this list.
- Also, my favorite music released in 2014 - Nico Vega - Lead To Light